Lamb Chops with Açaí and Cachaça Jam Sauce (4 portions)
This sauce is perhaps the first recipe of the SoulBrasil Cuisine project, long before it was even conceived, as this has always been one of my favorite sauces when I serve lamb to my friends at home.
Now I would like to share it with you!
- 800 g (1¾ lbs) of lamb chops
- 500 g (1.1lb) potatoes
- 75 ml (5 tea spoons) of milk cream
- 8 garlic cloves
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 100 g (3.5 oz) SoulBrasil Cuisine Açaí and Cachaça Jam .
- salt and pepper
- 20 g (0.7 oz) fresh rosemary
1. Potato Puree:
a) Peel the potatoes and boil them in a little bit of water and salt until very soft.
b) Add the milk cream mix and mash it until it reaches a puree consistency.
a) Peel and cut in thin slices.
b) Deep fry them in your preferred cooking oil
c) When golden, dry them on paper towel.
3. SoulBrasil Cuisine Açaí and Cachaça Jam Sauce:
a) In a small pan, add the jam, half of the rosemary and a little bit of water.
b) On low heat, stir until the sauce reaches a thick consistency.
a) Clean it, cutting the excess fat off.
b) Season it with salt and pepper.
c) In a non-stick pan, fry for about 2 or 3 minutes each side with just a bit of your preferred cooking oil.
5. Prepare each dish in the way according to your preference, use the remaining rosemary as a garnish.
6. Serve hot.